- 1978 250ci I6
- TH350 automatic transmission with floor shifter
- Rebuilt rear end with 3:55 gears
- Front power disc brakes and rear drums
- Manual steering
- 12v conversion
- Electric windshield wiper motor installed
- JVC stereo
- White soft top
- Custom fabrication
- Flat trunk floor, continental kit, rear quarter panels customized, different hood skin used, dodge front bumper, Cadillac headlight rings, shaved door handles and emblems, roof drip rails shaved, rear window modified, dummy spotlights, peep mirrors, custom rear bumper.
- Door and trunk poppers
- Custom pin stripping
- 1955 Chevy steering wheel
- Finished in Electric Blue
- Finishing chrome rear side skirts included with sale
- Restoration photos and documentation included with sale
When initially looking at this 1953 Chevy 150, it almost appears factory but it is far from it! This car comes from a 1 family garage with many memories made in it over the years. In the late 1990s, it was completely torn down to bare metal and custom fabricated by Dave Bovill of Omaha, Nebraska. The fit and finish of the custom work is outstanding and you wouldn't even know it was custom unless you are very familiar with 1953 Chevrolets. The flared fenders, rear quarter panels, soft top and custom front and rear bumpers with the continental kit are the most obvious changes. You can tell this body was carefully crafted by an artist as it is extremely straight and all door gaps line up nicely. The soft top and custom pin stripping set this Chevy apart from the rest in a unique way. The interior is done nicely with new seat upholstery and carpet. The dash finish is great and matches the Electric blue body paint perfectly. Factory speedometer and gauges with an added VDO coolant temp gauge. Not only do you get door popper controls on the key remote, but also underneath the gas cap are three buttons, one for each door and one for the trunk. The I6 and TH350 combo is buttery smooth when cruising around town and is a very reliable setup. Overall this 1953 Chevrolet is a beautiful, well done custom build that will turn heads and start conversations anywhere you take it.
Disclaimer: Prices do not include government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any electronic filing charge and any emission testing charge. Prices may not include Dealer Delivery and Handling Charges. We update our website inventory frequently, but our inventory changes with recent sales. Mileage may change slightly due to test drives. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions on this page. Please feel free to call us before you visit.